Since we’re totally broke having chickens is pretty handy. This morning I discovered my current new favorite breakfast: Soft Boiled Eggs with Salt and Tabasco in an a White Bowl Eaten with a Sterling Silver Spoon.
- Inherit silver
- Buy cheap white bowls at discount Williams Sonoma store (alternately Chinatown white and blue bowls decorated with fish are acceptable especially if they are chipped)
- Buy expensive salt at specialty store (Maladon is good or you could get wild with a volcanic black)
- Place eggs into small pot, cover with cold water, set Magic Chef setting to “Hi”. Bring to a gentle boil. Remove from heat, cover for 30 seconds to 2 minutes depending on how well done you like your eggs.
- Peel/scoop out egg from shell and put into bowl (this takes practice and concentration. This is what gives this recipe a complicated rating)
- Sprinkle expensive salt
- Shake up Tabasco, unscrew top and shake onto eggs