“Forget the sting of your seat. Last Breath takes you to the sting of your existence, for a pulse-pounding glimpse into the good past. there are numerous how one can chance your lifestyles within the out-of-doors, and Stark has captured them in beautiful and harrowing detail.”
writer of A Symphony within the Brain
An enchanting mix of experience and technology, Last Breath re-creates in heart-stopping element what occurs to bodies and our minds within the perilous final moments of existence while an severe experience is going awry.
Combining the adrenaline excessive of maximum activities with the startling proof of physiological truth, veteran commute and outdoors activities author Peter Stark narrates a chain of experience tales during which thrill can move the road to mortal peril. each one dying or brush with dying is instantly a suspense tale, a cautionary story, and a clinical mystery. Will they continue to exist, or will they succumb? Readers will shiver with a guy misplaced within the snowy woods, struggling with hypothermia and tearsing off his outfits as he’s burning up from the chilly; they are going to hallucinate with a tender girl stranded on the best of Annapurna as she studies a cerebral edema; and whereas a kayaker tumbles helplessly underwater for 2 mins, 5 mins, ten mins, readers, too, will gasp for his or her final breath.
By Lonely Planet
#1 best-selling advisor to Jordan*
Lonely Planet Jordan is your passport to the main suitable, up to date suggestion on what to work out and pass, and what hidden discoveries look ahead to you. discover the traditional urban of Petra, adventure lifestyles within the barren region barren region at a Bedouin camp and waft within the useless Sea; all together with your relied on commute significant other. Get to the guts of Jordan and start your trip now!
Inside Lonely Planet Jordan shuttle Guide:
- Colour maps and photographs all through
- Highlights and itineraries assist you tailor your journey in your own wishes and pursuits
- Insider tips to avoid wasting money and time and get round like an area, averting crowds and bother spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, mobile numbers, web content, transit suggestions, costs
- Honest reports for all budgets - consuming, dozing, sight-seeing, going out, procuring, hidden gem stones that the majority guidebooks pass over
- Cultural insights offer you a richer, extra profitable go back and forth event - archaeology, Biblical websites, humans, society, conventional crafts, food, etiquette, landscapes, flora and fauna.
- Over 44 maps
- Covers Ammam, Jerash, Irbid, Jordan Valley, lifeless Sea, Madaba, Mt Nebo, Wadi Mujib, Petra, Wadi Musa, Aqaba, Wadi Rum, wilderness street, Azraq and extra
The excellent selection: Lonely Planet Jordan, our so much finished advisor to Jordan, is ideal for either exploring most sensible points of interest and taking roads much less travelled.
- Looking for extra broad insurance? try out our Lonely Planet heart East advisor for a complete examine the entire area has to provide.
Authors: Written and researched by way of Lonely Planet, Jenny Walker and Paul Clammer.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has turn into the world's top commute media corporation with guidebooks to each vacation spot, an award-winning site, cellular and electronic trip items, and a committed vacationer neighborhood. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but additionally allows curious travelers to get off overwhelmed paths to appreciate extra of the tradition of the locations during which they locate themselves.
*Best-selling advisor to Jordan. resource: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, united kingdom and united states, February 2014-January 2015
By Dun-Map Inc.
The MapMobility big apple highway consultant is a close, full-colour highway atlas overlaying primary big apple urban. the full island of long island, together with significant Park, Broadway, and the monetary District are coated, besides adjoining parts. The up to date maps characteristic all streets, subway stops and sights, resembling theatres, museums, purchasing components, parks and resorts. a whole, searchable highway index and key map also are integrated, which hyperlink on to the designated map pages. This atlas has the appear and feel of a broadcast highway atlas, yet with the ease of the e-book structure. it's also possible to print out your individual customized replica of the atlas to take with you! a person making plans a visit to "The great Apple" will locate this book very convenient!
By Brian Silverman
- Full-color throughout
- Free full-color, foldout map
- Completely up-to-date each year
- Insider recommendation on saving time, cash and fending off crowds as you discover a few long island City’s best sights, from the Museum of average heritage to the hot Sept. 11 Memorial Plaza, in addition to hidden gemstones just like the Museum of chinese language in the USA and the Louis Armstrong domestic & Museum in Queens.
- Where to discover the simplest burgers, pizza, bagels and fish fry in NYC…as good because the most well liked new eateries, cherished vintage eating places, and unique tastes for each urge for food and budget.
- Insightful remark at the artwork and structure of recent York urban, from Colonial days to the recent towers that reshape the 21st century skyline of Manhattan.
- Opinionated reports. No bland descriptions and lukewarm suggestions. Our specialist writers are captivated with their destinations--they inform it love it is in a fascinating and important way.
- Exact costs indexed for each institution and activity--no different publications provide such unique, candid experiences of motels and eating places. We contain the superior, but in addition emphasize reasonably priced offerings for actual people.
- User-friendly positive factors together with big name rankings and distinct icons to indicate readers to nice reveals, first-class values, insider suggestions, most sensible bets for children, particular moments, and hyped up experiences.
By George Orwell
By Timothy Egan
A New York Times impressive e-book of the Year
Winner of the Mountains and Plains publication Seller's organization Award
"Sprawling in scope. . . . Mr. Egan makes use of the earlier powerfully to provide an explanation for and provides size to the present." --The manhattan Times
"Fine reportage . . . honed and polished till it reads extra like literature than journalism." --Los Angeles Times
"They have attempted to tame it, shave it, fence it, lower it, dam it, drain it, nuke it, poison it, pave it, and subdivide it," writes Timothy Egan of the West; nonetheless, "this region's carry at the American personality hasn't ever appeared stronger." during this colourful and revealing trip throughout the 11 states west of the one centesimal meridian, Egan, a third-generation westerner, conjures up a stunning and afflicted state the place land is faith and the holy struggle among preservers and possessors by no means ends.
Egan leads us on an unconventional, freewheeling journey: from America's oldest constantly inhabited neighborhood, the Ancoma Pueblo in New Mexico, to the excessive kitsch of Lake Havasu urban, Arizona, the place London Bridge has been painstakingly rebuilt stone by way of stone; from the delicate great thing about Idaho's Bitterroot diversity to the gross far more than Las Vegas, a urban equipped as if in defiance of its arid atmosphere. In a distinct mix of go back and forth writing, historic mirrored image, and passionate polemic, Egan has produced a relocating examine of the West: the way it turned what it's, and the place it truly is going.
"The writing is just fantastic. From the outlet paragraph, Egan seduces the reader. . . . wonderful, idea provoking."
--The Arizona day-by-day big name Weekly
"A western breeziness and love of open areas shines via Lasso the Wind. . . . The writing is straightforward and evocative."
By Laura Martone
Moon highlight Detroit & Ann Arbor is an 80-page compact advisor protecting the easiest of Southern Michigan, together with Detroit's valuable Belle Isle and distinct The Henry Ford, the collage of Michigan in Ann Arbor, and the W.K. Kellogg poultry Sanctuary, considered one of America's pioneer natural world conservation facilities. writer Laura Martone deals professional suggestion on must-see points of interest, and contains maps with sightseeing highlights so that you could make the main of it slow. This light-weight consultant is filled with tips about attractions, leisure, purchasing, recreations, lodgings, nutrients, and transportation, in addition to easy-to-read maps, making navigating those varied components easy and enjoyable.
This highlight guidebook is excerpted from Moon Michigan.
By John Dougill
"It's a pleasant tome for armchair trip, whisking you off round the state from the place you sit—or time trip, taking you again to that life-changing decade-lost vacation and previous friends."—The Japan Times
Visit the main compelling cultural and nature websites in all of Japan with this fantastically photographed commute guide.
In Japan's international historical past Sites, readers are brought to the temples, gardens, castles and ordinary wonders for which Japan is so justly renowned—all of these now declared to be Unesco international historical past websites. writer John Dougill describes every one web site intimately, mentioning why they have been singled out through Unesco, the present quantity and kinds of websites, the applying procedure, how the websites were chosen, and the way tough it truly is to receive the precise prestige of a global historical past Site.
Dougill traveled to all the websites in Japan to investigate this booklet. as the eastern archipelago extends from Siberia right down to Taiwan, Dougill describes how his trip led him from the sub-Arctic to the sub-tropical zones. those are unquestionably the main attention-grabbing websites that Japan has to provide, together with the following:
- Mount Fuji, Japan's tallest and so much sacred volcano. situated on Honshu Island close to Tokyo, Mt. Fuji is taken into account the sacred image of Japan
- Himeji Castle, a monument from Japan's lengthy feudal background. sometimes called Egret fort, since it feels like a poultry commencing in flight.
- Horyu-ji Temple, the world's oldest surviving wood structure—a heart of Buddhist studying that also serves as a seminary and monastery
- Hiroshima Peace Memorial or Atomic-Bomb Dome—one of the few constructions to partly continue to exist the atomic blast in 1945
- The Ogasawara Islands, a distant archipelago of over 30 islands—including Iwo Jima—that is domestic to infrequent natural world and fantastic scenery
Readers will learn the way Japan first turned concerned with the realm background websites application again in 1993, the significance of those designations, and their recognition in Japan, the place they're visited by way of hundreds of thousands of individuals every year, either jap and foreigners.
In awesome complete colour, Fodor's Caribbean 2014 covers virtually 50 locations within the Caribbean, from the Dominican Republic and Trinidad & Tobago, to Turks & Caicos or even Montserrat. The advisor studies the simplest each one island has to provide, together with actions, inns, eating places, nightspots, outlets, and extra. This advisor is a whole making plans instrument that would aid tourists prepare the appropriate journey to an island paradise.
Competitive Advantage: Fodor's Caribbean 2014 is the one complete, full-color advisor to the area that's released and up-to-date every year.
Expanded Coverage: The Caribbean is ever-changing, and this version contains new motels, eating places, activities and task clothes shops, and attractions.
Illustrated Features: targeted "Fodor's positive factors" in the course of the advisor remove darkness from the main detailed features of Caribbean tradition and historical past, together with the age of pirates and buccaneers; the numerous varied cuisines of the zone; dance and song; and actions akin to sportfishing, diving and snorkeling, and chartering a yacht.
Indispensable journey making plans Tools: An island finder is helping travelrs select the proper Caribbean vacation spot. each one bankruptcy opens with 4 pages that come with an island map, the head purposes to head, and different crucial details to assist viewers plan their time effectively.
Discerning Recommendations: Fodor's Caribbean 2014 bargains savvy recommendation and suggestions from neighborhood writers to aid tourists utilize their time. Fodor's selection designates our greatest choices, from resorts to nightlife. "Word of Mouth" charges from fellow tourists offer necessary insights.
approximately FODOR'S AUTHORS: every one Fodor's shuttle advisor is researched and written by way of neighborhood specialists.
By Jeff Campbell, Emily Matchar, Jennifer Denniston, Adam Karlin
Interactive and encouraging, detect Florida highlights all of the must-see points of interest and must-do reviews via gorgeous photos, insider information, adapted itineraries and easy-to-navigate content material. realize Florida is the right instrument for making plans and experiencing your ideal journey. Our skilled, passionate crew of authors and native specialists immerse themselves in each one nation they stopover at, discovering and sharing the original reviews, and functional and sincere recommendation, so that you come away trained and surprised.
Regions coated: Walt Disney international & Orlando, common Studios & SeaWorld, Palm seashore & the Gold Coast, Miami & the Keys, Everglades, Tampa Bay & the Gulf Coast
Inside detect Florida:
• complete colour styling and images• kingdom, quarter and town maps
• Itineraries geared up through area, size of journey, or theme
• urged points-of-interest – protecting consuming, drowsing, going out, purchasing, actions and attractions
• neighborhood specialists suggest what not-to-miss distinctive booklet enhancements• Scalable maps and photographs – allowing you to zoom in for better detail
• Google maps integration – see the place you're and the place you're going (requires web connection)
• entire interlinking – seamlessly turn among pages, bounce among maps and stories, or stopover at the internet sites of locations we recommend
• seek – bounce immediately to what you're looking for with in-built seek capability
• upload notes – contact a note so as to add notes and customize your guidebook
• Bookmark – use bookmarks to quick go back to a page
• Dictionary – quick search for the which means of any observe with the in-built dictionary