What could be more comforting on a cold, rainy day than Sausage Soup? It takes time, but it isn’t like you have anywhere to go on a rainy weekend anyway, so stay at home and cook some soup to last you the week
- Olive Oil
- 8 oz Sausage; remove skin, crumble
- approx 1/2 cup dried white beans
- medium yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 6 cups pork stock
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 2 cups diced potatos
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Bring your pork stock to a simmer.
- In a large soup pot over medium, heat the olive oil and cook the crumbled sausage until lightly browned. With a slotted spoon remove the sausage.
- Add onion to pot and cook about 4 minutes, add in the garlic and cook another 3 minutes.
- Add the beans and pork stock.
- Increase heat to bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours
- Add potatoes and sausage and cook for another hour partly covered.
- Add kale and cook for another hour. Stir it often, soup will thicken considerably.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
Eat with crusty bread. On the second or third day, add an appropriate hot sauce like Tabasco.