When it is hot, I like the cool and refreshing cucumber salad that is so super fast, it faster than fast. Except for the chilling time. Which you probably could skip if you were in a pinch, but they do taste better if they are allowed to chill in their vinegar-mix for a little while.
- 1 Cucumber washed, peeled either entirely or in fancy stripe mode as in the above picture.
- Slice as thinly as possible.
- Put into a bowl, cover add 1/4 c rice vinegar and cold water to cover
- Add some salt
- Refrigerate for about an hour if you have the time. These keep well for a day or so.
- I added chopped garlic chives, you can also add slice white onion that has been rinsed. A little fresh ground white pepper is good too.
Here is a picture of it with my Squash, Ham, Onion, Parmegiano Quiche that we had for lunch today.