- 3 or 4 medium zucchinis cut into large chunks
- Olive oil and butter
- 4-5 Garlic scapes roughly chopped or garlic cloves
- rice wine vinegar or white wine
- chopped parsley and a bunch of chives
- some chopped basil if you have it or a teaspoon of dried
- red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
- drizzle cream or whole milk yogurt (optional)
This is a soup served warm or room temp.
Gently heat a combination of oil and butter that measures about 4 T in a heavy bottomed pan, add garlic and sautee lightly for a few minutes, then add zukes and turn up the heat to medium. Cook for 8 minutes and stir around, then add 1/8c rice wine vinegar mixed with + 1/8 c water or 1/4 cup wine. Cook for 10- 15 minutes adding in parsley, chives, red peppers, salt and pepper. Stirring often. Add some basil.
Once everything is nice and soft, blitz it in a blender (be reasonable, don’t do it all at once or it’ll explode molten zuke all over you) and add what adds up to 2 cups water give or take to the consistency you want. You can add a little cream or yogurt to give it some creaminess.
Season with more salt or pepper. You can sprinkle with chopped chives or buttery garlic croutons.
This recipe inspired by http://dishingupthedirt.com/