We invited our fellow wild game-eater friends Bill and Leslie to dinner last night to share in this spectacular venison loin. Cooking this makes me very happy because it takes about 7 minutes of cooking time so it falls into the Fast Food category… even faster than the McDonald’s drive thru. I think I’ll create a category on my blog called Big Al’s Fast Food.
Sage leaves, big handful
- Wash and dry venison loin
- Drizzle a little bit of olive oil over both sides
- Sprinkle crushed pepper
- Wrap sage leaves around both sides
- Sprinkle with salt
- Heat 1-2 T Sunflower oil over medium high heat. Once near smoking, add venison, cook for 3 minutes. Flip, cook for another 2 1/2 minutes then with tongs brown the sides of the meat for 1 minute turning from one side to the next over 1 minute.
- Let rest 5 minutes, slice and serve.
See and appreciate what you are eating. This 6-point deer running across my property did not become not our dinner, but with hunting season coming up, he most likely will end up on someone’s plate and wall.